XXXV Annual Meeting SAN 2020
October 7th to 9th, 2020 – Virtual Meeting
NEW DEADLINE FOR SYMPOSIA CALL – JULY, 22
The Sociedad Argentina de Investigación en Neurociencias (SAN) is delighted to announce the XXXV SAN Annual Meeting that will take place on 7-9 October, 2020 in a Virtual Format. Accessible from all over the world, the SAN Virtual Meeting represents a challenging opportunity to discover the latest neuroscience developments in Argentina and exchange scientific data with our talented students. Our meeting will keep the traditional format of the physical meetings with Plenary Lectures, Thematic Symposia, Young Investigator Talks and Poster Presentations. We welcome you to join us!
CALL FOR SYMPOSIA PRESENTATIONS – NEW DEADLINE!
Requirements and conditions:
- Each should include a maximum of 4 speakers; gender representation should be also considered.
- Each symposium should include at least one speaker with workplace in Argentina.
- Symposium organizer may participate as a speaker or only as Chair.
- Symposium organizer should contact the proposed speakers and have their written acceptance before sending the proposal to the CO.
The proposal must indicate:
- Name, workplace, e-mail of the Organizer.
- Title of the Symposium and summary explaining the focus of the Symposium.
- Brief CV of each speaker.
- Title and summary of each talk.
Proposals must be sent in PDF format by email to: email@example.com with the Subject “SAN2020 Symposium Proposal” and they will be received until July 22nd. Organizers will receive an email confirming receipt of the proposals (if you do not receive confirmation, re-send the proposal or contact our secretary Silvina Ceriani firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CD together with the CO will select the proposals and will announce the results of the symposium selection before July 30th.
The SAN 2020 Annual Meeting will be held in virtual format from October 7th to 9th, 2020.
The online presentations will include:
- Plenary conferences
- Thematic Symposia (open call – Deadline: 7/15)
- Young Researchers Talks (open call – Deadline: 7/15)
- E-poster sessions (reception from 1/8 to 15/8 – See below)
- Oral Communications (selected from the E-posters)
- Round-table sessions
- Social events
Registration for the meeting will be done by completing the online form that will be available from August 1st, in www.saneurociencias.org.ar
Registration fees and deadlines are as follows:
08/01 to 08/15
08/16 to 09/25
09/26 to 10/05
|PhD students**||AR$ 500||AR$ 750||AR$1000|
|Postdocs**||AR$ 500||AR$ 750||AR$ 1000|
|Researchers||AR$ 1000||AR$ 1500||AR$ 2000|
|PhD students||AR$ 1000||AR$ 1500||AR$ 2000|
|Postdocs||AR$ 2000||AR$ 3000||AR$ 4000|
|Researchers||AR$ 3000||AR$ 4500||AR$ 6000|
|PhD students||US$ 30||US$ 45||US$ 60|
|Postdocs||US$ 40||US$ 60||US$ 80|
|Researchers||US$ 50||US$ 75||US$ 100|
|Undergraduate students ***||free||free||free|
* Members of Neuroscience Societies included FALAN will enjoy this benefit. They must present appropriate member’s certification at the time of registration.
** SAN members, PhD students and postdoctoral fellows that are first authors in a poster will be exempt from paying the registration fee (only if they are “in good standing” with the annual membership fee).
*** Undergraduate students must demonstrate they are part of a research group by presenting, upon registration, a letter signed by the lab Director who must be a SAN member or sister societies member (FALAN). Alternatively, the student can present a letter expressing the interest in meeting participation and a certificate that verifies the student status.
The reception of E-posters abstracts will be from August 1st to August 15th through the same online registration form.
The abstracts must be written in English and the body must not exceed 1500 characters, including spaces.
The author may choose to be selected for Oral Communication.
The thematic relevance of the abstracts will be evaluated. Given the difficulties caused by the pandemic, the presentation of abstracts including preliminary results of the project will be encouraged.
After the abstracts have been reviewed and accepted, the Organizing Committee will send an informative email including the requirements and specifications that must be completed before September 15, namely:
Material required for offline presentation:
- PDF of the poster in English (MANDATORY).
- Explanatory video (OPTIONAL): it is strongly suggested to send a video with audio explaining the poster in 5 to 10 minutes, in Spanish or English.
Material required for On-line Presentation:
- Provide a Zoom Link, Jitsi or Google Meet link where the exhibitor will make the poster presentation during the corresponding virtual session (MANDATORY).
The image below exemplifies the format in which the works will be displayed on the platform.
All participants enrolled in SAN2020 will have access to the E-posters one week before the meeting and they will be able to ask questions to the authors by chat.