The XXXVIII Annual Meeting of the Sociedad Argentina de Investigación en Neurociencias (SAN) will be held at the Auditorium of the National University of San Luis, San Luis, Argentina, from October 4 to October 7, 2023. The meeting will be mainly held in a face-to-face format.
The SAN welcomes the submission of symposium proposals:
- Each symposium must include a maximum of 4 speakers. Please consider gender balance.
- The allocated time slot for the Symposium is two hours.
- It is suggested to include at least one speaker with a workplace in Argentina.
- The Symposium organizer can also participate as a speaker.
- The organizer shall contact the proposed speakers and seek their acceptance before sending the proposal to the Organizing Committee.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The organizer must indicate if the proposal can be a candidate for submission to the ISN, as detailed below (*).
- The SAN is not able to cover international air tickets but speakers residing abroad will have their registration, accommodation and transfer from and to the airport (San Luis or Mendoza) covered.
- Local speakers will have their registration waived and accommodation expenses covered on a shared basis.
The proposal must include:
- Name, affiliation and e-mail of the organizer.
- Symposium title and summary explaining its focus.
- Brief CV of each speaker or personal link to their CV.
- Title, summary of the talk and chosen format (virtual or in person)
Deadline for submission: MARCH 1st.
Please send your proposal to the e-mail address: email@example.com Please include “SAN2023 Symposium Proposal” in the subject.
The organizer will receive an email confirming reception of the proposal (if you do not receive confirmation, resend the proposal or contact our secretary Silvina Ceriani firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Executive Council together with the Organizing Committee will select the proposals and will announce the results of the selection by March 27.
(*) PRESENTATION BEFORE ISN:
One of the Symposia will be selected to apply to the International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN) in the so-called “Support for small conferences or symposia (ISN-CC)” within the option: “ISN Symposium in a conference of another society or Scientific group” whose link is: https://www.neurochemistry.org/support-of-small-conferences/.
If selected, the organizer must have the complete proposal according to the ISN guidelines by APRIL 22, including the confirmation of attendance of each speaker. The Organizing Committee will aid the Symposium Organizer in preparing the application before ISN (Deadline of ISN application: APRIL 30).
It is not necessary for the organizer to be a member of the ISN since the SAN will ensure that the Symposium nominated meets this requirement.
SAN Executive Council and Organizing Committee